How to Map Lines
- From an Electronic Invoice, you will see lines displayed with either a red broken chain or green linked chain next to them.
- Indicates that the item has never been mapped. Map this purchase unit once and on future invoices, it will come through pre-mapped.
- This purchase unit has previously been mapped.To map an unmapped line (red broken chain) or check the mapped line (green linked chain), just click the Invoice Line.
- If the line is an Item that you inventory, ensure that Item is selected as the Type and start typing the item name. If the item does not exist, add it through the Click Here option that appears once you've typed and no options match.
Click on the item and then enter the amount of Count units you are receiving within the Purchase unit. If a purchase unit with the listed number of count units exists for this Item and Vendor, you can select the checkbox next to the purchase unit to map the Vendor line with the purchase unit. Otherwise, you will be notified that you are creating a new Purchase unit and will be asked to enter any other information for the Purchase unit such as name, whether it is receive only, etc.
When mapping be sure to select the correct Purchase unit. You can ascertain this by comparing the Pack, Size, and Price information for the selected item to the mapping information above. If incorrect, this can cause numerous issues for future invoices as the mapping you set will be saved and used on any future invoices for this vendor and would continue to be incorrect until manually updated.
If you ever need to check your current mappings you can review them by going to Electronic Invoices > Electronic Item Mappings. Here you can delete mappings that look incorrect to force the line to be remapped when it next comes through, or correct the mapping by remapping it.
- Once you've selected the correct PU just click Map.
Mapping Charges, Credits, Taxes, and Non-Inventory Items
- Click on the item that has a next to the name.
- Select the appropriate Type (Charge, Credit, Tax, or Non-Inventory Item), start typing the item name, and select the item from the dropdown list.
If the specific Charge, Credit or tax does not exist, add it through the Click Here button under the field.
Completing Mapping on your invoice
Once all the lines on the invoice are mapped, be sure to click "Done Mapping" See the Electronic Invoicing article for more details on this process.
**Note - Once you have selected "Done Mapping" all mappings on this invoice are locked. This cannot be reversed so please make sure your mappings are correct before selecting "Done Mapping"**
I can't add an Item or Purchase Unit...
If you map within the store but your inventory is managed at the Director level, or you do not have the necessary permissions to add Items or Purchase Units, you will not be able to use those options. You should contact the person within your organization who manages the inventory and request to have the item or purchase unit you require added. If it is a new item you can use the +Add Item Request button at the top of the screen to request the item is added at Director.
I'm not sure what we received...
You can review the image of the invoice (if it was uploaded) by clicking the paperclip icon at the top right of the invoice. If the paperclip is green there is an image attached. If the paperclip is blue there is no image attached.
There's something wrong with the invoice...
Just click the Contact Support link to the left of the Invoice Number and tell us what the problem is! We'll fix it up for you ASAP.
If you feel you need some more training on Electronic Invoicing, you can click on this link to sign up for a 30 minute Electronic Invoice Workshop.