On Electronic Invoices in some instances, you may have Unmapped Lines. When this occurs the lines will need to be mapped before the invoice can be marked as Done. Once you’ve mapped an item it will be automatically mapped on all future invoices.
How to Map Lines
- From an Electronic Invoice, you will see lines displayed with either a red broken chain or green linked chain next to them.
- Indicates that the item has never been mapped. Map this purchase unit once and on future invoices, it will come through pre-mapped.
- This purchase unit has previously been mapped.To map an unmapped line (red broken chain) or check the mapped line (green linked chain), just click the Invoice Line.
- If the line is an Item that you inventory, ensure that Item is selected as the Type and start typing the item name. If the item does not exist, add it through the Click Here option that appears once you've typed and no options match.
Click on the item and then select the Purchase Unit (PU) you would like to map this to.
(If the PU doesn’t exist, add it through the +Add Purchase Unit option at the bottom.)
When mapping be sure to select the correct Purchase Unit. You can ascertain this by comparing the Pack, Size, and Price information for the selected item to the mapping information above.So in the example above the vendor invoiced us for the chicken by the pound, so we matched the 1lb unit on the invoice to a 1 lb purchase unit on the platform. If we did not have the correct purchase unit we would use the +Add Purchase Unit button below to create the necessary unit.
**Please Note** It is important to select the correct Purchase Unit because the mapping will remain on the system for future invoices - if you map it incorrectly once this item will remain incorrectly mapped until someone manually fixes it. This can result in a large number of incorrect invoices. You can review your mappings by going to Electronic Invoices > Electronic Item Mappings. Here you can delete mappings that look incorrect to force the line to be remapped when it next comes through, or correct the mapping by remapping it.
- Once you've selected the correct PU just click Map.
Mapping Charges, Credits, Taxes, and Non-Inventory Items
- Click on the item that has a next to the name.
- Select the appropriate Type (Charge, Credit, Tax, or Non-Inventory Item), start typing the item name, and select the item from the dropdown list.
If the item does not exist, add it through the Click Here button under the field.
Once all the lines on the invoice are mapped, be sure to click Done! See the Electronic Invoicing article for more details on this process.
I can't add an Item or Purchase Unit...
If you map within the store but your inventory is managed at the Director level, or you do not have the necessary permissions to add Items or Purchase Units, you will not be able to use those options. You should contact the person within your organization who manages the inventory and request to have the item or purchase unit you require added. If it is a new item you can use the +Add Item Request button at the top of the screen to request the item is added at Director.
I'm not sure what we received...
You can review the image of the invoice (if it was uploaded) by clicking the paperclip icon at the top right of the invoice. If the paperclip is green there is an image attached. If the paperclip is blue there is no image attached.
There's something wrong with the invoice...
Just click the Contact Support link to the left of the Invoice Number and tell us what the problem is! We'll fix it up for you ASAP.