POS Item Mapping
POS Item Mapping is done on Bevager and Foodager to match the buttons in your Point of Sale system to Recipes on the system. This will deplete the correct amount of the ingredients from the recipe every time the recipe is sold. If you have a Premium subscription to Craftable this includes a POS integration (for designated POS systems). This article walks you through how to link your POS Items to the relevant Recipe on the system.
Before you get started with POS Item Mapping you need to first build your Recipes (or Pours for Bevager users). See the articles titled Creating Recipes and Subrecipes and Creating Pours if you have not completed those steps yet.
- Go to Point of Sale > POS Item Mapping in the navigation.
- You can filter the table by one of your POS Groups (dropdown at the left), or by Unmatched (dropdown at the right), which are the recipes that have not been mapped to a POS button yet.
- Click the name of the button in the POS Item column that you want to match to an existing recipe.
- Select the appropriate Type from the dropdown menu (Food, Drinks, or Other) and then start typing the name of the recipe in the Recipe field. Click Match Item after selecting the appropriate recipe.
Things to keep in mind
- An item must be rung in your POS after the integration with Bevager/Foodager for the button to show up. Any items rung in but later voided will not be available for matching (as those items are assumed to still be in inventory).
- You should always Rerun POS Depletions after matching items.
- You can only Rerun POS Depletions back to the date of the last Full Audit. You can open your most recent Full Audit to rerun through this date to the previous audit. (You should be careful with rerunning POS depletions if you reuse POS buttons when you change recipes).
- If you rename a POS Item within your Point of Sale system, the platform will up date it as well so long as the POS ID does not change.