Building Modifier Recipes
The modifiers from your POS should be entered into Craftable as Modifier Recipes, and then mapped to the Modifier button, so that when a modifier is rung in through the POS, the appropriate items are depleted in the system.
Create the Modifier(s)
- Select the Recipes tab from the navigation on the left.
- Click on the Modifiers subheading.
- Click the +New Modifier button at the top right.
- Enter Modifier Name and click '+ New Modifier.'
Set the Base Size
If you have modifiers that change the volume of the thing that it is modifying, you can use the Base Type settings on the Modifier to indicate this. (e.g. "Double", "Single", "Pint" "Pitcher", etc...)
- Click the pencil icon above the RU cost at the top right.
This will bring up a few selection options.
- No Base Size Modification - This is the default setting and tells the system that the size of all base ingredients should not be altered.
- Base RU (or Base Recipe Unit) - this changes the recipe size of the base ingredients within the recipe that is being modified.
For example - if you have a 1.5oz shot that is a pour and you have a modifier for ordering it on the rocks, which makes it a 2oz pour, select Base RU and enter 2oz for the Base RU.
- Base Multiplier - this multiplies the recipe size of the base ingredients within the recipe that is being modified by a number.
For example - if you have a base recipe that is a 1oz pour and your modifier is for a double, which makes the pour 2oz, you should select Base Multiplier and enter 2.
- Click on '+Add.'
- Select the Item or Subrecipe to Add or Remove, and in the RU Size field enter how much of the item you're adding/removing, and then for Line Type select if it's being added or removed.
If you're looking to remove an ingredient completely keep the RU Size as 0 and select "Remove" for the Line Type. (e.g. "No Cheese" - you would select the Cheese item, put RU Size of 0, and Line Type of Remove. Now if you ring up Cheeseburger | No Cheese, the system would deplete the bun, the patty, lettuce, sauce, etc... but it would not deplete the cheese because the modifier removed it from the depletions.)
- Save Modifier.
Once you have created and set your Modifier(s) on the platform, you will need to map them to the Modifiers in your Point of Sale system:
- Select the Point of Sale tab from the navigation on the left.
- Click on POS Mapping in the navigation bar, and select POS Modifier Mapping from the dashboard.
- Click the name of the POS Modifier.
- Search and Select Modifier to map. Click '+ Map Modifier.'
If you have multiple Modifiers that should be mapped to the same modifier recipe you can do this quite easily using the Mass Map option. Just use the check boxes at the left to select multiple buttons (use the filters and search bar to narrow it down!) and then click the green Mass Map button and select the modifier recipe from the list and click +Mass Mapping.
Reminder - in order for the modifier to be available in the list, it must be rung in within your POS system first.
Please sign in to leave a comment.