Credit Memos allow you to view any credits you are owed by vendors in either the Bevager or Foodager platform. This is a great way to keep track and manage your credits in the system. The Credit Memos enable you to send an email to the designated vendor to request a credit be generated. Refer to the steps below to view/generate a credit memo:
View Credit Memo
- Login to your account and click Trackers under the navigation.
- Select the Credit Memos option.
The new page will display any credit requests, broken down by:
Vendor Name, Date, and Amount.
Create New Credit Memo
You can generate a Credit Memo by redlining an invoice in instances where you are incorrectly invoiced. (See the section titled "Redlining" on the article "Creating an Invoice from an Order".) You can also manually generate a Credit Memo by following the steps below:
- Click the +New Credit Memo button in the upper right.
- Select the Vendor, Date, and Invoice Number.
- Click +New Credit Memo when finished.
- Add the appropriate line item(s) by clicking +Add Credit Memo Line.
Using a Credit Memo
You will see a button against each Credit Memo that says "Use Credit Memo". This button is used to mark off the Credit as "Used" - it does not apply the memo to a specific invoice it just marks it as Used for record keeping purposes only. You should still process all official Credits you receive from your vendors through the system like any other Invoice you receive from them.
Some things to keep in mind
- You have the option to delete the credit memo, email the rep, or use the credit memo. Simply click the corresponding button in the bottom right portion of the screen.