Electronic Invoices are created either from an image of your invoice, or via a direct link with your vendor. You should upload the images of your invoices to the system even if you have a direct link with the vendor so you can see your invoice images when you're mapping and approving invoices.
This article covers:
- Uploading Invoices for Orders Placed through the Platform
- Uploading Invoice via the Image Vault
- Uploading via Email
Uploading Invoices for Orders Placed through the Platform
If you have placed an order through Craftable and are uploading an invoice image for that order, you first want to go to the Orders tab and acknowledge that the order has been received. You can do this by going to Orders > Orders from navigation and under the 'Placed Orders' section selecting the order that is being received.
From here you will click the green "Mark Order Received" button at the bottom right.
*Note: Do NOT click the Receive Order button unless you intend to enter the invoice manually.
From the Mark Order Received pop-up window you will be prompted to enter the invoice number and you can also upload a picture of your invoice from a scanned image or photo taken on your phone:
This process allows you to let the system know you have received an order and upload the invoice image in one step.
If you are inputting an invoice for an order that was not placed through the platform you can still upload the invoice image for processing via the image vault (steps below) or request a custom electronic invoice email address from our support team and email the images directly.
Uploading Invoice via the Image Vault
The Image Vault is a repository for your scanned and uploaded invoice images, and is shared across all areas of the platform. You can filter items in the image vault by Date Range and Vendor.
You can upload your images to the image vault by clicking Upload > +Add Image > Selecting the file, and clicking Upload.
Scan & Upload
Photograph & Upload
Uploading via Email
You can also submit images for electronic invoice processing via email. If your store has already been setup with this functionality you will see your designated email address at the top of the Image Vault page. There is just one single email address (always @craftable.com) for each store, so you can submit invoices for both Bevager and Foodager to the same email address.
Please keep in mind that this is an automated email address that is not monitored - do not email that address with any questions or comments, they will not be seen. Additionally, all invoices submitted via email must be sent as attachments (not inline in the body of the email). If you are forwarding an email that has the invoice image attached please download the file and re-attach it to your email to ensure it will be picked up.
If you do not already have a designated email set up and would like to submit your invoice images for processing via email, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your store-specific email address created.
Some things to keep in mind:
- When uploading images for processing the image must be clear enough for the type to be legible. If the image or type is blurry, we will not be able to use the image.
- Ensure that all pages of the invoice are submitted, and that preferably the four corners of the page are included in the image to ensure no data is missed. (e.g. Invoice Number cannot be cut off)
- If you are uploading an image where the visibility of the type is compromised (i.e photo taken far away, handwritten invoice, etc) there may be delays. To avoid these delays, we recommend splitting long invoices into different photo images, scanning the invoice, or handwriting comments in more legible writing.
- Processing of images takes 1-2 days to complete from the date of the image upload.
- Maximum upload size through the image vault site is 10MB (in total). Maximum upload size through image vault email is 25MB.