Setting up Par Levels
Par is a threshold quantity that helps you manage your inventory. Setting up a Par enables you to re-order based on Order quantity and Purchase Unit (PU). If In Stock falls below Par, Ordering by Par will add the Order quantity to the default Vendor’s Order. If Par is set and Order quantity is 0, auto par will automatically add the minimum Order quantity necessary to satisfy Par.
NOTE: This does not order items that have fallen below par on your behalf. This simply ensures that you see what items are below your preferred par levels and can add enough items to be back at your the par levels you have set.
Set up Par for an item by following these simple steps:
- Login to Bevager/Foodager and select Inventory > Inventory or Items & Vendors> Items from your navigation pane on the left.
- Locate the desired item and click directly on the name (in blue).
- The item details page will open to the right and click on the Purchases tab, then select the arrow next to Set Item Par to see your par options.
- Enter the desired par threshold number in the Par field.
- Enter the desired quantity to re-order in the Order field.
- Confirm the vendor from the dropdown arrow to the right.
- Select the appropriate PU size from the dropdown arrow to the right.
- When finished, select "Save Item" at the bottom of the item pane to confirm the changes.
Some things to keep in mind
Setting the Par order purchase unit and quantity is optional. If you do not enter a specific purchase unit, Craftable will use the purchase unit that allows for the least amount of purchase units to be used to meet or succeed your Par threshold. For example, lets say you have a Par threshold of 24 and current inventory of 13. There are two purchase units to choose from, "1x1each" and "12x1each". Craftable will use the "12x1each" purchase unit since that would be the purchase unit with the least amount of purchase units needed to meet or exceed par.