Adding New Items
To add a new item individually:
1. Click +New Item in the upper right of the Item List screen, or click the + icon and select New Item from the dropdown at the top of every page of the platform.
2. Fill in the item name.
3. Select the appropriate Category from the drop down & Subcategory (if applicable).
4. Input the appropriate Count Unit (Size)
5. Click the Purchases tab & click directly on the pack size.
6. Select the Vendor from the dropdown / enter the pack size / price & purchase unit name.
Then click Save Item when done.
*Required item info*
- Item Name
- Purchase Unit linked to a vendor with a Pack Size value greater than zero
(Purchases Tab under Item Details Panel)
Some Things to Keep in Mind
- These steps are for adding individual items when you have a handful of items to create.
- If you are needing to add items in bulk use the Item Loader under Manage Items.
- If the vendor associated with an item's Purchase Unit needs to be changed you will need to add the new Purchase Unit and then delete the old Purchase Unit.
Managing Items from the Item List
The Item List in Bevager / Foodager allows you to see what items have been created in your account. You can view individual items by: Category, Subcategory, Vendor, Status, CU Price, and UPC.
To access the Item List follow these simple steps:
- Click "Items & Vendors" from the navigation menu.
- Select the "Items" button.
The new page will load with your items listed alphabetically. Drop down filter options can be applied as needed, to provide you a more granular view of the items. A running total of the items in your account will be listed directly under the "Search Items..." bar. (example 536 items found)
You can also click on and highlight the Star Symbol to the right of a specific item so it will be listed as a favorite item. This can be used as a way to quickly see which items in your inventory are popular. You can filter any of the columns in this page to adjust how you see the items listed as well.