Adding New Items
To get started, go ahead and follow the steps below.
- You can either navigate to Items & Vendors> Items and then select "+ New Item" in the upper right corner of the page or select the "+" icon then "New item" next to your account profile at the top of any page.
- Once the new item pane is opened, enter your desired name in the item name field. (Note: Item Names per Count unit are unique. However, adding a vintage year will make the item unique as well. For example, Well Wine Cab Sauvignon 750 ML and Well Wine Cab Sauvignon 2018 750 ML would be two different items)
- Choose the Category you want the item assigned to (and subcategory if desired).
- Set your preferred Count Unit Size and Measurement.
- Then select "Purchases" from the tabs near the top of the new item pane.
- Select the Pack Size in blue to open the purchase unit pane.
- Select the vendor you want this purchase unit to be used for. Then enter in the pack size and amount. Click on the "Save" Button to finish the purchase unit.
- If you want to add multiple purchase units, Select "+ Add Purchase Unit" and follow steps 6-7 for every purchase unit you want to add.
- Finally, select "Storages" from the tabs near the top of the new item pane.
- Select "+ Add Storage", then choose which storage location you would like the item listed in your Audit. Follow this for every storage location you want the item to be listed in.
- Once finished, select "Save Item" to create the item.
Those are the required fields to create an item but you can fill out other optional fields under the Item tab and Details tab if you would like to add additional information like ID, UPC (Barcode), Notes, Appellation, etc.
Some Things to Keep in Mind
- This method is best when you only have 1 or a few items to create. If you need to create a large number of items at once, we recommend using the "Item Loader" feature under the Item Manager page instead. For more information, see Uploading Items in bulk via Item Loader.
- Once a Purchase unit is saved, it is locked to the vendor you selected at that time. If this needs to changed for any reason, you will need to add a different purchase unit (see step 8 above) for the different vendor. If the previous purchase unit is no longer needed, you can select the trash can icon to the left of the pack size to remove the outdated purchase unit.