The POS Group Mapping page is used to map the POS Groups that come from your Point of Sale data to existing categories within Bevager, Foodager or House. This can be important as POS Group Mappings will determine what sales data is listed under a specific Category within reports such as the Cost Summary by Category report in addition to your Audit. Refer to the steps below to set up POS group mapping.
Setting up POS Group Mapping
- From your menu, select Point of Sale> POS Mapping > POS Group Mapping.
- Select the POS Group you want to map by selecting the link in blue under the Platform Field.
- Once you select the POS Group you would like to map, choose the Platform (Unmap, Bevager, Foodager, House or Ignored). Note: Ignored implies you are ignoring the POS Group (Discounts, Service Charges) so that those POS Groups are mapped but won't apply any Sales from those groups to any Categories or any reports that would use POS Group data.
- If you Choose the Platform you are currently using (in this example Bevager) then you will see an additional field for Category. Select the most appropriate Category to assign the sales for the POS Group you selected (Wine>Wine, Food>Food or highest costing food Category).
- Once all relevant POS Groups have been mapped you will see any sales for those POS Groups when you close an Audit when choosing either Category or Total during the "Add your POS Sales" step. If you choose the Category option this will also apply sales per Category in certain reports like the previously stated Cost Summary by Category report which will help you determine Cost percentage.
POS Group Mapping can be less specific when dealing with Food Categories since you will have POS items (ex Chicken Parmesan) that would apply to multiple Categories (Meat, Grains, Produce, etc).
In this instance, we recommend matching the Food POS Group to the most applicable Category (usually the Category that has the most cost involved in the recipe for the POS item) and selecting POS Sales by Total when closing your Audit. This will pull all the sales of Food buttons into the Total POS Sales field, giving you a Total Cost % on the Cost Summary by Category report.
Things to keep in mind
- Only POS Groups with Sales that have been posted to Craftable will be available for mapping. Item sales will include comped purchases but not voided purchases.
- Each POS Group can only be matched to a single Category. However, multiple POS Groups can be assigned to the same category.