POS Group Mapping is used to map the Groups in your POS to the Categories within Bevager and Foodager. When you close your Audit you have the opportunity to enter your POS Sales by Category or Total, and these numbers are pulled for the period based on the POS Group Mappings, and are used to populate the Cost Summary by Category report. Refer to the steps below to set up POS group mapping.
Setting up POS Group Mapping
- Go to Point of Sale > POS Group Mapping in the navigation.
- Click Add POS Group Mapping.
- Select the Type - Unmatched, Bev (in Bevager), Food (in Foodager), or Other. This type mapping impacts the "Sales Summary" report, which shows your total sales by these types
- Select the POS Group you would like to associate with your Category, then select the relevant Category below, and click Save.
- The next time you close an Audit, you will now have the option to add your POS Sales for the Period by Category and gain greater insight into your Cost % at the Category level.
POS Group Mapping is recommended for Bevager customers - Foodager users will typically have just one "Food" Group in their POS, as typically food sales are not able to be broken down by the ingredients themselves, as beverage sales are typically.
In this instance we recommend matching the Food POS Group to one of your Food Categories, and selecting POS Sales by Total when closing your Audit. This will pull all the sales of Food buttons into the Total POS Sales field, giving you a Total Cost % on the Cost Summary by Category report.
Things to keep in mind
- Only POS Groups with active items that have been rung in through the POS will be available for mapping. Note that items that have been rung in but voided out will not be recorded as depleting inventory or available for mapping.
- Each POS Group can only be matched once (otherwise you would be doubling the sales). If you need to make changes to your Categories you can do so by clicking your name at the top right, going to Store Settings, and Item Categories.