GL Distribution Report
The GL Distribution Report allows you to see General Ledger Account distributions either broken down by period or by date ranges. Refer to the steps below to run a GL Distribution Report.
- Click Reports > Reports List from the navigation.
- Select GL Distribution from the Invoices & Bills category.
- The GL Distribution report can be filtered by: Received Date, Invoice Date, and Approved Date. You can select a time window broken down by Period (time between audits) or by Date Ranges. You may also use the search bar to search for specific GL Distributions.
The results will display: Vendor, Payee, Invoice Number, Received Date, Date of Invoice, Due Date of Invoice, Total, GL Account and GL Amount.
Some things to keep in mind
- GL Distributions are generated based on the bill that is associated with each vendor invoice. If a bill has been deleted from the associated invoice, the GL Distribution will not be displayed on this report.
- To resolve this, simply locate the invoice that is absent from this report and click Generate Bill (blue button) in the bottom right of the invoice. You can tell when a bill has been deleted from an invoice if the blue button in the bottom right reads "generate bill" instead of "view bill".
- You can toggle each column in the report if you wish to reorganize how the data is displayed. This is helpful if you wish to view the breakdown by Vendor alphabetically.
- Export the data in this report to Excel by clicking the download button in the upper right.
- Drill-down further by clicking on an Invoice No in this report to see the exact items allocated to your GL Account(s).
Vendor: Name of Vendor
Payee: Name of Vendor as it appears exactly on Store’s Accounting Platform
Invoice No: Listed on received physical invoice; number the vendor assigns to invoice
Received Date: Date the vendor invoice was received by Store
Date: Date of Invoice
Due Date: Date by which Bill generated from vendor invoice must be paid
Total: Total value of vendor invoice
GL Account: Name of General Ledger Account (Books required)