You have the ability to create Pours within the Bevager platform. This can be used to create single ingredient drinks very quickly to help track your sales and depletions. Examples of pours would be things like shots of liquor, wine by the glass, or a beer bottle. Keep in mind if you have the POS integration you need to create a pour or recipe for every single drink that can be rung in on your POS. This may mean creating 12oz pours for a can/bottle of beer, both a 6oz pour and a 750mL pours for wine BTB and BTG, or 2oz pour for each liquor you sell as a shot. Pours are linked to a Menu List within the platform.
(See the article Creating Menu List for more information on how to create a Menu List prior to creating your Pours).
- Click Recipes > Pours from the navigation menu.
- There are multiple filter options on the Pour page - you may want to build pours en masse by category. For example if you sell all your liquors in 2oz shots you can filter by Category "Spirits" and use the top check box to select all the Items and then click +New Pours.
- Select the Menu List, Pour Size, and Pour Price. The bottom two fields allow you to designate the Price to the customer for the drink.
You can keep the Pour Price option on By Cost % and enter the Target Cost % in the field below. This will set the Price for each pour individually based on that Cost %. You can use this as a guide to know how to price your menu if you haven't yet created it. Alternatively you can enter a static Price for all the pours you're creating by selecting the By Price option. The Final Price calculates the total post-tax price. Once you've set the bulk pours as you want them, click +Create Pours.
- A confirmation message will appear indicating the pour was successfully created, and you'll see the pour(s) listed below the Item they contain.
Some things to keep in mind
- Ensure your pour parameters are set up correctly before creating the pour. If multiple pours are tied to a single item, deleting the pour will remove all pours associated with this item.
- Once you've created your Pours you can match these to your POS buttons (if you have the POS integration) from the POS Item Mapping screen, under Point of Sale. This will allow the system to start depleting the items as the sales come through.
Please sign in to leave a comment.