Menu Engineering Report
The Menu Engineering Report allows you to see which of your Recipes have the highest profitability relative to their popularity. By determining which Recipes are Dogs (low profitability; low popularity), Stars (high profitability; high popularity), Plow Horses (low profitability, high popularity) or Puzzles (high profitability; low popularity), you can make better recipe costing and promotions moving forward. Refer to the steps below on how to view the Menu Engineering Report:
Viewing Menu Engineering Report
- Click Reports > Reports List from the navigation.
- Click Menu Engineering under the Recipes heading.
- Select to view by Period or Date Range.
- Select Recipe(s) to plot for Profitability Analysis by ticking the check box next to Menu List.
- Click Go to view the results.
Some things to keep in mind
- Each column in the report can be clicked on in order to reorganize the data.
For example you can click on Suggested to see in descending order which Recipes would have the highest price after making the necessary Price adjustments.
- You can export the data in this report as needed by clicking the Excel button in the upper right.
Menu List: Name of Menu List
Recipe: Name of Recipe
Cost: Total cost of ingredients in Recipe
Price: Amount charged
Cost %: (Cost/Price) * 100%
Qty Sold: No. of times Recipe was sold in selected Period or Date Range
Cost Total: Cost * Qty Sold
Sales Total: Price * Qty Sold
Revenue Generated: Sales Total - Cost Total
Menu Status: Puzzle, Star, Dog or Work Horse