What is Required:
- A Quickbooks Desktop admin account
- Quickbooks Desktop must be in Single User Mode
- The Quickbooks Web Connector installed on the Quickbooks machine (see the article titled Downloading QuickBooks Web Connector if you have not done this previously)
- An account with access to Books
- Before starting ensure you do not have any other company files open in QuickBooks
- Log in to your Books account and click on Bills & Credits > Bills & Credits Sync
- Click the Download configuration file button.
- Locate the downloaded file and open it.
- Confirm Authorization for Bevager.
- You will be prompted to confirm authorization again with four different
options of permission.
- For Bevager to work correctly, select “Yes, always; allow access even
if QuickBooks is not running.” And confirm.
- In the Web Connector select the Checkbox next to the company you
would like to Connect with your Bevager.
- You will be prompted to enter the password for the company - the password will be the password for your Bevager account.
- Click Update Selected.
Note: Make sure you have no other company files open during the syncing process
- If you receive the error that states "Error QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check the QBWCLog.txt for details.", please see the article titled Resolving "Error QBWC1039"
- The integration will have brought in your Chart of Accounts and Payee Codes, to complete your setup of Books you still need to complete some setup. Watch the Books Training Video below for a quick 10 minute walk through of how to do this.
The steps outlined in the training video include:
- Entering Payees against your Vendors
- Mapping General Ledger (GL) Accounts
Using the Web Connector:
- Once a Bill is Approved it will show up in the “Bills/Credits Sync” menu from
the “Bills & Credits” tab on the navigation menu.
- Click on the checkbox next to the Bill(s) you would like to load into Quickbooks.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and Web Connector if they are not already open
- IMPORTANT: Ensure you do not have any other company files open, and do not click the Download Configuration File button again - this is only needed during the initial integration.
- In the QuickBooks Web Connector, click the checkbox next to the company you would like to upload the Bill(s) to
- Click the Update Selected button