1. Create Recipes at Director for items that your Commissary provides to your other venues.
See this article for a step-by-step walkthrough of the process. Be sure to check out the entire Knowledge Base section on Recipes for further information on building your recipes.
2. Create Batches at Director for all items that your Commissary provides that are recipes and do a Store Sync.
Go to Inventory > Prep Items & Batches at Director, and add a New Batch for each recipe. Be sure to Store Sync to push down to the relevant store/s.
3. Go to the Commissary and add all batches and raw ingredients to your Commissary Price List.
From within the Commissary location go to Commissary > Price List. See this article for further information.
3. Match all items on the Commissary Price List to an existing Item.
This should be done at Director for users with a Director-level inventory. If your Commissary does pass through and re-sells items that you buy from vendors, be sure to Match the Commissary item to the existing item at Director, do not create a new item. See this article for further details.
4. Match all batches on the Commissary Price List to a new Item.
This should be done at Director for users with a Director-level inventory. See this article for step-by-step instructions.
5. Add Commissary-linked items to recipes for various stores to ensure accurate depletions.
- If you don't see a store showing up as an option to send a Commissary Purchase Unit to, be sure to assign the Commissary as a vendor for the store.
- If you would like certain staff members to be notified of all orders placed to the Commissary, be sure to set the staff members up as reps against the Commissary vendor at each store.